Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Auntie Claire comes to visit!

For those of you who are not sure who Auntie Claire is let me explain....

We met in college, however we did not become good friends until we were both selected to participate in a 2 week marketing program abroad in Denmark. There were 4 of us girls that clicked really well on this trip but Claire and I although not roommates, ended up spending the entire time hanging out. There, across the Atlantic ocean, a very close friendship was created!

Denmark-2006

Skal! ("cheers" in Danish)
Fast forward 6 years and here we are today, separated by a 3 hour drive and closer then ever. For real! We are closer now living in 2 separate cities then we were when we both lived in the same one. Strange? Not really.


Claire has visited us so many times in the 3 years since we moved that I've lost track of how many times she's been here. She never hesitates to make the trip and we always have the best time!

This time was no different. She arrived on a chilly Tuesday afternoon & I made us a pinterest inspired lunch- Grilled Cheese Avocado sandwiches (http://www.tastespotting.com/features/green-goddess-grilled-cheese-sandwich-recipe) & soup. We went for a walk, made supper & went for frozen yogurt, yummy!
up bright & early
http://velvetlava.blogspot.ca/2009/02/i-am-now-in-muffin-loop.html
 The next morning Brylen, Koda & I were up bright & early so we decided to make some fresh french toast muffins and let me tell you, sooooo good! We enjoyed ours muffins & coffee and then headed out for the day....destination, downtown!

Claire & Bry at Sushi
Our first stop was all you can eat sushi, which was delish and we managed not to stuff ourselves too full. We then walked to the Esplanade for a quick visit and to drop off a few more thank you's (yes I'm embarrassed to say I'm still handing these out). We popped into the library and I purchased my first library card in like 20 years! Stopped in to pay Koda's dog license at City Hall and did a little shopping. I bought a cute zipper bracelet & Claire a top.

Mommy & Bry waiting outside for Auntie Claire
On the way back to the car, I told Claire that I wanted to stop and take some photos along this pretty red brick wall. We stopped and tried to get Brylen to look but he was totally done with us & so we ended up with this:


Since he was not interested in looking at the camera, I lifted the goof ball up & of course he cracked that killer dimple smile & the perfect pose (because that's just the way my kid rolls).


I had a wonderful time & a great visit as always. I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful person in my life & as the saying goes, "Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest..It's about who came & never left your side". Thank you friend. xo

Brylen says "I love you Auntie"!






1 comment:

  1. Grilled Cheese Avocado sandwiches sound amazing. And such a cute pic of you and B against the wall!

    ReplyDelete