Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Meet Mr. Brylen Daely!

He's here and is now 12 days old...Yes time flies!

My baby boy was born Saturday April 21, 2012 at 10:20am. Weighing 8 lbs, 5 ounces and measuring 20.5 inches and we love every last bit of him!



We spent 3 long nights in the hospital, mainly for my recovery and I have to give a HUGE shout out to Clayton and my mom! They took shifts, helping so much as I was unable to get out of bed quickly or sometimes at all. Clayton took on the daddy role like a pro, changing diapers and learning to swaddle our little toad perfectly ( I actually didn't change my first diaper until he was 5 days old). For this I am grateful and it makes me love him that much more, he is such a wonderful daddy and Brylen loves when they get to snuggle after he gets home from a long day at work.


We got to leave the hospital when he was 4 days old, it was a Tuesday and for April, it was HOT! The drive home was short, but I still sat in the backseat watching that little bundle the entire way.

Our first week went great. Yes we were tired and all of this was so new, but everything just fell into place and I don't know how we ever lived without those coos and cries. My mom and Dad both stayed with us and helped out around the house & Clayton's Mom, Dad, Sisters and Brother in Law's came to visit daily and fell in love a little more each time.

Brylen is now 8 lbs 12 ounces and 23 inches long and growing. He eats and sleeps like a rock star (knock on wood) and really is the perfect baby. He is always so content and only fusses if he's hungry, needs a diaper change or a burp. He loves his swing and his bassinet and his puppy. He makes the cutest faces and noises and each day we see small changes in the way he looks and acts.

Mommies hand and Brylen's large foot!

Clayton and I are settling into this new life as parents, the best job in the world and to quote my favourite song (see side note at the bottom) "We'll make mistakes there's no doubt, but loves one thing you wont live without...cause you own a place in our hearts now".


Side Note: When I was first pregnant with B and before most people even knew, I was lucky enough to see the CMT Tour live at the Esplanade where I work. Deric Ruttan, Dean Brody and Aaron Lines. At one point, during a very intimate part of the show, Aaron Lines dedicates the next song "to anyone out there who may be expecting right now" and OH MY GOODNESS, I felt like he was talking directly to me and that the entire theatre now knew my secret. As I sat at the back of the theatre, I listened to him sing that song for the first time ever and it took everything in me not to start crying. That moment will be with me for life and that song is Brylen's song, I sang it to him daily throughout my pregnancy and to this day. If you haven't heard it, go to itunes and check it out! I'll warn you in advance though, have a Kleenex handy! Aaron Lines "Haven't Even Heard You Cry"

No comments:

Post a Comment